The Health Insurance Marketplace, or “Marketplace,” is a resource where individuals, families and small businesses can learn about health insurance coverage options, compare plans and enroll in coverage.
The Marketplace lets you compare all plans near you in your price range based on your income.
There are 10 essential health benefits covered in the Health Insurance Marketplace:
1. Outpatient care (the kind you get without being admitted to a hospital)
2. Emergency room care
3. Hospital inpatient care
4. Care before and after your baby is born
5. Mental health and substance use disorder services, including behavioral health, counseling and psychotherapy
6. Prescription drugs
7. Rehabilitative and habilitative devices and services. These devices and services help you recover from injuries, disabilities or chronic conditions and help you gain or recover mental and/or physical skills. This includes physical and occupational therapy, speech-language pathology, psychiatric rehabilitation and more
8. Lab tests
9. Preventive and wellness services including counseling, screenings and vaccines to keep you healthy and help you manage a chronic disease
10. Pediatric services, including dental care and vision care for kids
Page Last Modified: 1/9/2018 1:37:46 PM